Rear Admiral DeWolfe Miller joins the speaker line up for Unmanned Maritime Systems Technology 2017
Rear Admiral DeWolfe Miller, Head of Air Warfare of the US Navy will be speaking on Day One of SMi’s Unmanned Maritime Systems Technology conference which takes place in London, UK on the 24th-25th May 2017.
Rear Admiral DeWolfe Miller’s presentation entitled ‘Status and way ahead for USVs and UUVs, including Enablers & Technologies’ will cover the current uses and features of USVs and UUVs, enabling technologies and systems as well as current challenges and opportunities for unmanned systems within the US Navy.
Other featured speakers include:
- Admiral Sir George Zambellas, Former First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff, Royal Navy
- Rear Admiral Keith Blount, Assistant Chief of the Naval Staff Aviation and Carriers, Rear Admiral Fleet Air Arm, Royal Navy
- Rear Admiral Shepard Smith, Director of the Office of Coast Survey, NOAA: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
- Commodore Andreas Vettos, Commander Maritime Air Directorate, NATO MARCOM
- Captain Zbiniew Gorniak, Deputy Chief of Staff Plans, Maritime Operations Centre, Polish Navy
- Captain Jon Rucker, Program Manager Unmanned Maritime Systems, US Navy
- Captain Clark Troyer, Commanding Officer, ONR Global
- Mr David Burton, Director Strategy, NATO STO-CMRE
- Dr Phillip Smith, Ship Systems & Integrated Survivability Programme Manager, DSTL
- Morten Nakjem, Research Manager, Maritime Systems, FFI
Further information available at www.umsconference.com
The event will feature eighteen presentations, two panel discussions, over five hours of networking time and a pre-conference interactive workshop. The full three days will cover a variety of unmanned systems and aspects including UUVs, USVs, UAVs, ASW, ASuW and UWW. Other topics which will be discussed include: Exercise Unmanned Warrior, future naval operations, mine warfare, manned-unmanned teaming, the role of NATO, off board sensor systems, hydrography, oceanography the blue economy and more.
To view the full programme with all speakers and their presentations or for those wanting to attend, visit the event website on www.umsconference.com
Unmanned Maritime Systems Technology 24 -25 May 2017 London, UK www.umsconference.com
Contact e-mail: email@example.com Contact tel: +44 (0) 207 827 6054 #UMSTechnology
For sponsorship packages and delegate enquiries: Contact Alia Malick +44 (0) 207 827 6168 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org